EUREKAR
Eurekar·TOP
捕捉真实世界的英语信号
34信息来源
13,198精选文章
168单词卡片
18照片图片
全部8,440口语2,107外贸4免费1,135帖子4,467新闻1,602hackernews1,232techmeme758tmz666slashdot570techcrunch535arstechnica458随笔330外刊291Cards168simonwillison100sethgodin60图片18information17
← 返回

你已尽力了 — You Did Everything You Could

2026-09-04 口语

← 上一篇返回列表下一篇 →
英文朗读▶ 全屏

「能先别灌鸡汤吗?」朋友面试挂了,美国年轻人怎么安慰才不假 🫂

出声读三遍,把黄色高亮的词组偷走,下次朋友失意时直接用。

ok so. didn't get it. just got the email. don't call me rn, i'm fine, i just can't talk yet

嗯。没过。刚收到邮件。先别打给我,我没事,就是还说不了话

Oh no. I'm so sorry.

啊…不是吧。抱抱你。

Do you want company, or do you want to be left alone, or...?

你想要人陪,还是想自己待会儿,还是…?

I don't know yet.

我还没想好。

Okay. I'm coming over anyway, and I'm bringing food, you don't have to talk.

行。那我反正过去了,带吃的,你可以一句话都不说。

I keep replaying that one question about the budget thing, where I just... froze.

我一直在回放预算那道题,当时就…直接卡住了。

Everybody blanks on something.

谁没卡壳过啊。

No but like— I prepped for that, that was the one thing I was actually ready for, and I still—

不是——那题我明明准备过啊,那是我唯一真正有把握的,结果还是——

Okay, so you had one rough answer out of, what, forty minutes?

行,所以四十分钟的面试,你就崩了一道题?

It was the one that mattered.

偏偏就是最关键那道。

You don't know that, though. You're just deciding that because it hurts.

这你哪知道啊。你就是太难受了,自己给自己下的定论。

Okay, I've been quiet this whole time, but you worked harder for this than I've seen you work for anything.

行,我憋了一晚上了,但说真的,我没见过你为哪件事这么拼过。

That's what makes it worse.

所以才更难受啊。

Like if I'd slacked off— no, if I'd barely tried, at least then I'd have an excuse, you know?

要是我当初摆烂了——不对,要是压根没怎么努力,那至少还有个借口,懂吧?

Yeah no, I get that, but that's also a pretty sad way to live.

嗯我懂,但你这么想也太惨了点吧。

Can we not do the pep talk right now?

能先别灌鸡汤吗?

Okay, it's been an hour of silence, so lemme ask one thing— what would you say if it were me?

行,都安静一小时了,我就问一句——要是换成我,你会跟我说啥?

I'd tell you it wasn't personal.

我会说,这不是针对你。

Right, and you'd mean it, so why does it not count when it's you?

对吧,而且你是真心的。那怎么轮到你自己就不算数了?

I dunno, maybe there was some internal candidate the whole time and I was just, like, the— the backup they had to interview.

不知道,说不定人家一开始就内定了,我就是个…那个…走流程的陪跑。

Then it was never yours to lose.

那本来就不是你的,也谈不上丢。

Which, to be fair, would let you off the hook a little, wouldn't it?

这么说的话,你其实就没啥责任了,对吧?

Okay, it's midnight, new rule: you get tonight to be miserable, and tomorrow we go outside.

行,都半夜了,定个规矩:今晚随你颓,明天必须出门。

Outside where?

出门去哪儿?

Doesn't matter. Somewhere with no laptop, no LinkedIn, no checking your email every four seconds.

去哪儿都行。不带电脑、不刷领英、不四秒钟看一次邮箱。

Devin texted me "you did everything you could" with a period, which from him is basically a hug.

Devin给我发了句"你已经尽力了",还带句号。以他那人,这基本等于抱了我一下。

That's actually really sweet.

哎,他还挺暖的。

Yeah. Still sucks, though. It doesn't— trying hard doesn't cancel it out, that's not how any of this works.

嗯。但该难受还是难受。这事儿不是——不是说你努力了就能抵消的,没这么算的。

1测一测:这篇你记住了吗?只用 20 秒,带走一个线索。不确定也没关系。

「Everybody blanks on something.」里的「blank」作动词,意思是?

不想现在做也没关系,继续往下看即可。

学习留言 0 条

记录你在这篇文章里学到的表达、疑问或感受。

登录后记录你的学习留言 →

还没有学习留言。写下第一个收获吧。


← 上一篇返回列表下一篇 →

(如果你觉得这篇文章有启发,可以点击这里付费