2026年7月30日 · 星期四
● 每日更新·改变自己
Eurekar·TOP
捕捉真实世界的英语信号
25信息来源
8,198精选文章
167单词卡片
18照片图片
全部6,459口语2,048免费395新闻1,599帖子1,379hackernews649techmeme455tmz451随笔323slashdot309外刊291arstechnica230techcrunch218Cards167simonwillison72动态69bloomberg54sethgodin43图片18youtube7

Simple sandwich!

简单的三明治!

food · absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 10:25 · 39 帖 · 原文 ↗

← 上一篇返回列表下一篇 →
#1 Simple sandwich! / 简单的三明治!
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 10:25

There are times when all you want to eat is something simple. I know for some people that might just be a peanut butter and Smucker's sandwich on Wonderloaf, but, for others, it might be an Oscar Meyer hotdog on a bun.

有时候你就是想吃点简单的。我知道对有些人来说,可能只是一块花生酱配Schmucker's果酱夹在Wonder牌白面包里,但对另一些人来说,可能是一块Oscar牌热狗面包。

For me, the one that I needed today, was, er, could have been, just a simple bologna and cheese...but I never do anything QUITE that simply. For me, it was a fluffy kaiser roll with mortadella and colby cheese. A nice swirl of mayo filled the void where Salad Cream should have gone, and a spoon of piccalilli gave it a sour crunch.

对我来说,今天我需要的,呃,本可以是,仅仅是一夹牛肉肠和奶酪的简单三明治……但我从来不会做得那么简单。对我来说,是一个蓬松的凯撒面包,夹上意式香肠和科尔比奶酪。蛋黄酱在沙拉酱本该存在的地方形成了漂亮的漩涡,一勺腌菜末提供了酸脆的口感。

Had I any Miracle Whip, this would be the only application for that condiment that I would ever use.

如果我有奇迹酱(Miracle Whip),这将是这调味料我唯一会用的场合。

Sadly, salad cream is nearly impossible to get over here. All my usual suppliers have stopped offering it.

可悲的是,沙拉酱在这里几乎买不到。我所有的常规供应商都停止提供它了。

And, again, Miracle Whip usually fits the bill, because it is, salad cream mixed with mayo. But I didn't have any because it had been a very long time since this particular craving had taken me.

而且,再次强调,奇迹酱通常能顶替,因为它是沙拉酱混合蛋黄酱。但我没有,因为这次馋虫发作已经隔了很久了。

The piccalilli was just a fortunate bonus because, again, it is almost impossible to get over here. I found some at an international market. I typically prefer Chow Chow Piccalilli, which is hotter and more sour than the Branston version. But the Branston one was all I had and it has a sour sweetness which helped the mayo seem more like the missing salad cream.

那腌菜末纯属幸运的额外加成,因为同样,这里也几乎买不到。我是在一家国际超市找到的。我通常更喜欢奇乌奇乌牌腌菜末,它比布兰斯顿牌更辣、更酸。但布兰斯顿牌是我唯一的选项,它的酸甜味帮助蛋黄酱更像缺失的沙拉酱。

Unfortunately, this sandwich is best with a handful of Fritos but I had none of those either. No other substitutions are possible.

不幸的是,这三明治最好配上一把费斯托斯薯片(Fritos),但我也没有。其他任何替代品都不行。

Amusingly, I don't typically have a sandwich for lunch. I either don't have lunch or have something like a hotdog. But I woke up uncharacteristically early this morning and had a pastrami and horseradish cheddar cheese sandwich for breakfast which was very small and it left me hungry in the afternoon. This wasn't surprising since I hardly ate any of my dinner last night, as my previous posts mentioned.

有趣的是,我平时午餐通常不吃三明治。我要么不吃午饭,要么吃热狗之类的。但今天早上我意外地醒得很早,早餐吃了个帕斯雀牛肉配辣根切达奶酪三明治,分量很小,结果下午又饿了。这也不奇怪,因为我昨晚几乎没怎么吃晚饭,就像我之前发的帖子提到的那样。

I wonder what I'll have for dinner tonight?

我在想今晚晚餐吃什么呢?

#2 So in other words... / 所以换句话说……
Smells_Like_Cheese · 2026-07-28 10:44

You threw all of the leftover shit in your refrigerator on a bun and shoved it into your fat, wide open mouth...

你把冰箱里剩下的所有破烂都塞进面包里,然后塞进你那肥硕的大嘴里……

Why are we not surprised?

我们怎么一点都不觉得惊讶呢?

#3 Did you fail to understand the words I used? / 你是不是没听懂我说的话?
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 13:43

I don't see what "other words" you would need in this case.

这种情况下我看不懂你需要什么“换句话说”。

Maybe try again until you get it right.

也许你该再试几次,直到搞对为止。

#4 It's the impression that you give others... / 你给人的印象就是这样……
Smells_Like_Cheese · 2026-07-28 15:29

None of us share in your own pathetic, deluded opinion of yourself. You make a sandwich from whatever leftovers you have in your refrigerator and for some strange reason, foolishly believe anyone gives a fuck. If you weren't such a pos you'd be pathetic...

没人会认同你那可怜又自欺欺人的自我认知。你把冰箱里有什么剩菜就夹进面包里做三明治,还莫名其妙地愚蠢地以为有人在乎。要不是你这么个混蛋,那可就真够可怜的……

#5 No, you came up with that all on your own. / 不,这全是你自己瞎编的。
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 19:16

If you think that "everything I have" in the fridge is a bun, three slices of mortadella, two slices of colby cheese, a pot of piccalilli and a jar of mayonnaise...then you totally nailed it.

如果你以为冰箱里所谓的“所有东西”就是面包、三片莫尔塔德拉香肠、两片科尔比奶酪、一罐腌黄瓜酱和一罐蛋黄酱……那你可真是猜得完全正确。

Do you see why no one is unconvinced as to what a moron you are?

你明白为什么大家都确信你是个白痴了吗?

Tell us again how you don't "give a fuck" and yet all your posts are obsessing over me.

再跟我们说说你是怎么一边说“根本不在乎”,一边又在你的所有帖子里 obsess 着我的。

That's a hoot.

这太逗了。

#6 A simple sandwich in 343 words. / 一个简单的三明治,居然写了343个字。
EeeGads · 2026-07-28 11:10

Zzzzzzzzzz

#7 I know how much you hate to read... / 我知道你有多讨厌阅读……
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 13:46

It would be a shame if this was a text-based discussion forum...

如果这是个纯文字的讨论区,那就太遗憾了……

Oh, wait...

哦,等等……

It is always so funny that you trolls are always so mad about having to read the things you want to troll.

你们这些喷子总是因为不得不去阅读自己想去 troll 的内容而气急败坏,这总是让人觉得很好笑。

Maybe you need a different hobby.

也许你需要换个爱好。

#8 Your HH proves YOU ARE a troll. § / 你的行为历史(HH)证明你是个喷子。
James386051 · 2026-07-28 16:30
#9 No, that's just some shit you made up. / 不,那不过是你瞎编的烂事。
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 19:11

I can't believe I have to KEEP pointing this out to you but you are obsessing over me in the FOOD forum.

我真不敢相信我不得不一直指出这一点,但你这个食物论坛里的喷子却死盯着我不放。

You have NO other posts but posts that troll me.

你除了 troll 我的帖子外,没有任何其他发帖。

#10 Troll § / 喷子
CassiniDestroyer · 2026-07-28 21:52
#11 Yes, you are a troll. / 是的,你是个喷子。
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 22:05

Glad you could admit it.

很高兴你能承认。

#12 T R O L L §
CassiniDestroyer · 2026-07-28 23:18
#13 Yep, there you are! / 没错,就是你!
absolutefutility · 2026-07-29 07:15

You don't need to announce yourself, everyone already knows you're a troll.

你不用自我介绍了,大家都已经知道你是个喷子了。

#14 ^ last word troll / ^ 最后一个发言的喷子
James386051 · 2026-07-29 07:47

Obsessed with the last word, fundamentally insecure.

执着于最后一句话,骨子里的不安全感。

#15 You certainly are. / 你确实是这样。
absolutefutility · 2026-07-29 08:36

Tell everyone again why you're so obsessed with me getting the "last word"?

再跟大家解释一下你为什么如此执着于我要取得“最后一句话”?

That is hilarious!

这太搞笑了!

#16 Post trash literature, get corrected. § / 贴出垃圾文字,然后被纠正。
James386051 · 2026-07-29 00:10
#17 Not with your 5th grade dropout education, honey / 靠你那小学五年级辍学的教育水平,亲爱的
absolutefutility · 2026-07-29 07:18

You can't even read well enough to correct your own shit, let alone anyone else's. That's why you have a 100% failure rate at doing exactly that.

你连读都不够好,没法修正自己的废话,更别说别人的了。这就是为什么你在做这件事上有着100%的失败率。

But it is still hilarious watching you try.

但看你试图去纠正的样子,依然很好笑。

#18 An extremely verbose Schizophrenic / 一个极度啰嗦的精神分裂症患者
CassiniDestroyer · 2026-07-28 16:13

With many issues...

毛病一大堆……

No friends

没有朋友

No outside activities

没有任何社交活动

No option but to take the drugs her psychiatrist injects into her giant ass

只能靠精神科医生把她那巨臀里的药打进体内

#19 Corrected...
James386051 · 2026-07-28 11:28

1. The opening is too broad. You spend your first paragraph generalizing about what "some people" eat before getting to your actual sandwich. It's a throat-clearing habit. Start with the sandwich itself—the rest can be implied.

1. 开篇太宽泛了。你第一段落都在泛泛而谈“有些人”吃什么,才引出你实际的三明治。这是一种清嗓子的习惯。直接从三明治本身开始——其他的可以隐含不写。

2. The structure meanders. You jump from sandwich construction → condiment availability problems → breakfast → last night's dinner → wondering about future dinner. That's three tangents too many. A piece like this works best when it stays focused on the immediate sensory experience.

2. 结构太散漫了。你在三明治构造→酱料难找→早餐→昨晚的晚餐→今晚吃啥的思绪之间跳来跳去。这至少偏离了三个支线。这类文章最好还是紧扣当下的感官体验,保持聚焦。

3. The condiment-asides are over-explained. You spend several sentences apologizing for not having Salad Cream or Miracle Whip, then explaining what each is, then explaining why it matters. Trust your reader a little more. If they don't know what piccalilli is, they can look it up—or the texture ("sour crunch") tells them enough.

3. 关于酱料的旁支解释过头了。你花了好几行字为没有沙拉酱或奇迹蛋黄酱道歉,接着解释这两种酱是什么,再说明为什么这很重要。请多信任读者一点。如果他们不知道腌菜酱(piccalilli)是什么,可以去搜一下——或者用“酸脆”这个质地描述也足够让他们意会了。

4. The last line is flat. "I wonder what I'll have for dinner tonight?" reads like you didn't know how to end the piece and tacked on a shrug. A better closing would circle back to the sandwich itself—the satisfaction (or lack thereof) of the thing you actually ate.

4. 最后一句太平淡。“我今晚晚饭吃什么啊?”读起来就像你不知道怎么结尾,硬凑了一句耸耸肩式的感叹。更好的收尾应该回扣到三明治本身——也就是你实际吃下的那玩意儿带给你的满足感(或不足)。

5. Missing sensory payoff. You tell us what's in the sandwich, but you don't sell it. What did it taste like? Did the mortadella's fattiness play off the sharp colby? Did the piccalilli cut through? You describe the construction but not the experience of eating it.

5. 缺少感官上的高潮。你告诉我们三明治里有什么,但没把它“卖”出去。它尝起来怎么样?莫塔德拉香肠的油脂感有没有和孔蒂奶酪的尖锐口感相得益彰?腌菜酱有没有起到解腻的作用?你描述了制作过程,却没描述吃的体验。

6. "Amusingly" is doing too much work. You use it to signal "here's a fun fact about my day," but the fact (having a pastrami sandwich for breakfast) isn't that amusing—it's just a detail. Either commit to the humor or drop the framing.

6. “有趣地”(Amusingly)这词负担太重了。你用它来提示“这里有个我今天的趣事”,但这事(早餐吃熏牛肉三明治)其实没什么好笑的,只是个细节。要么认真玩幽默,要么就别用这种框架式铺垫。

7. Too much backstory. We don't need to know about your usual lunch habits, your breakfast, or last night's dinner to appreciate this sandwich. A little context goes a long way; you've given us a full timeline.

7. 背景故事太多了。我们不需要知道你平时的午餐习惯、早餐或是昨晚吃了啥,就能欣赏这款三明治。稍微给点背景就够了;你却给了我们一个完整的时间线。

Rewrite:

Simple Sandwich

简单三明治

Some days demand a simple lunch. For me, today, that meant a kaiser roll—fluffy, seeded, with just enough give—split open and layered with mortadella, colby cheese, a swirl of mayo, and a spoonful of piccalilli for sour crunch.

有些日子,就需要一顿简单的午餐。对我来说,今天就是这样一个日子:一个凯撒面包——蓬松、带籽、口感适度柔软——从中间切开,夹入莫塔德拉香肠(mortadella)、孔蒂奶酪,抹上一圈蛋黄酱,再勺一勺腌菜酱,带来酸脆的口感。

In an ideal world, that would have been Salad Cream instead of mayo. But Salad Cream is nearly impossible to find here anymore, and Miracle Whip—my usual stand-in—was nowhere to be found. So mayo it was, thinned out and brightened by the piccalilli's vinegary tang. Not perfect, but close enough to scratch the itch.

在理想世界里,那应该是用沙拉酱(Salad Cream)而不是蛋黄酱。但沙拉酱在这儿越来越难买了,而我的常用替代品奇迹蛋黄酱(Miracle Whip)也踪影全无。所以只好用蛋黄酱了,再用腌菜酱的醋意把它调得稀一点、亮一点。不算完美,但够解馋了。

The mortadella was salty and supple, the colby mild and creamy, the roll soft enough to yield without collapsing. It was the kind of sandwich you eat slowly, not because it's precious, but because you want to make it last.

莫塔德拉香肠咸香柔韧,孔蒂奶酪温和奶香,面包软到能屈服却不会塌掉。这是一款适合慢吃的三明治,不是因为多珍贵,而是你想让它久一点。

A handful of Fritos would have completed it—the salty crunch against the soft bread, the corniness cutting through the fat. But I had none, and no substitute would do, so I let it go.

要是再来一把菲力多玉米片(Fritos)就完美了——咸脆的玉米片配上柔软的面包,玉米的香甜中和油脂的腻。但我没有,也没法找替代品替代,所以就作罢吧。

Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich. This one was exactly what I needed.

有时候,三明治就是三明治。这一款,正是我此刻需要的。

#20 Much, MUCH better, thank you!!!!!! § / 好多了,好太多了,谢谢!!!!!§
CassiniDestroyer · 2026-07-28 11:43
#21 Talking to yourself? § / 跟自己说话呢?§
creigalt2 · 2026-07-28 15:04
#22 Hmmm, just like a certain phatty we know named / 嗯哼,简直就像咱们认识的那个名叫
CassiniDestroyer · 2026-07-28 16:14

aFool

#23 She's using eighteen handles on this page alone. / 光这一页她就用了十八个表情符号。
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 19:31

And she posts and replies to herself!

而且她还自己发帖自己回复!

Can you even imagine being that schizophrenic!?

你能想象自己有多精神分裂吗!

#24 You can't improve on perfection, dear. / 完美是无从超越的,亲爱的。
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 13:49

You'd almost never know that you were a middle school dropout who couldn't even finish your GED.

你几乎让人看不出来你是个连GED证书都考不下来的初中辍学生。

#25 You obviously speak from experience! Right? / 你显然是有切身体会啊!是吧?
ex-flagger · 2026-07-28 13:50

All knowing one....... DUMB!

全知全能的人……真蠢!

#26 Correct. You cannot improve on perfection. / 没错。完美是无从超越的。
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 13:53

I am perfect.

我就是完美的。

Glad you AGREED WITH ME.

很高兴你同意我的观点。

#27 Far from it, but you're blind to facts! § / 完全不是那回事,但你无视事实!§
ex-flagger · 2026-07-28 13:55
#28 The facts are that YOU are obsessed with ME. / 事实是你对我有病态的痴迷。
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 13:59

No one anywhere is obsessed with you.

这世上没人对你着迷。

You're having a breakdown.

你快崩溃了。

Good.

#29 Hahaha...... you phunnie! What an idiot you are! § / 哈哈哈……你这个喷子!你真是个蠢货!§
ex-flagger · 2026-07-28 14:01
#30 QED...
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 14:04

Your spiral is getting worse.

你的精神状态越来越糟了。

You'll be bringing out your oldest handles just to troll me any minute now, won't you, dear?

你马上就要掏出你那些老掉牙的套路来黑我了,是吧,亲爱的?

You are SO predictable.

你真是好猜透了。

#31 Your DUMB is getting worse! Get help......... / 你的蠢劲儿越来越严重了!去看医生吧……
ex-flagger · 2026-07-28 14:08

NOW!

#32 Well, we just proved its YOUR "dumb"... / 好吧,我们刚刚证明了蠢的是你……
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 14:39

Because YOU'RE dumb.

因为你就蠢。

And YOU are obsessed with ME.

而且你对我痴迷不已。

Your breakdowns are always so hilarious.

你的崩溃场面总是那么滑稽可笑。

#33 7 dumbest things about your post are / 你帖子里最蠢的七点是:
James386051 · 2026-07-28 14:46

1. The opening is too broad.

1. 开头太宽泛了。

2. The structure meanders.

2. 结构东拉西扯。

3. The condiment-asides are over-explained.

3. 那些插科打诨的酱料评论解释得太啰嗦了。

4. The last line is flat. "I wonder what I'll have for dinner tonight?" reads like you didn't know how to end the piece and tacked on a shrug.

4. 最后一句很干巴。“今晚我该吃什么呢?”读起来就像你是不知道怎么结尾,随手加了个耸肩。

5. Missing sensory payoff.

5. 缺乏感官上的回报(收尾没劲)。

6. "Amusingly" is doing too much work.

6. “有趣地”这个词负担太重了。

7. Too much backstory.

7. 背景故事太多了。

#34 Yeah, typical psychopath stuff § / 是的,典型的变态狂作风 §
CassiniDestroyer · 2026-07-28 16:16
#35 The only dumb thing about it is YOU are in it. / 这帖子唯一蠢的地方就是你把自己搭进去了。
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 19:13

Your obsession with me isn't new. You've been doing this for twenty years.

你对我痴迷可不是什么新鲜事。你搞这套已经二十年了。

My posts are no different now than they were then.

我的帖子和那时候相比没什么两样。

This "new" shtick you've taken on is just as stupid as all the others you've taken on.

你现在搞出的这套“新花样”和你以前搞的所有其他花样一样蠢。

The only real consistency in your posts is that they're all from an idiot.

你帖子中唯一真正一致的地方就是,它们都出自一个白痴之手。

#36 Ur HH shows nothing but TROLLING / 你的历史记录里除了网络挑衅什么也没有
CassiniDestroyer · 2026-07-28 21:53

Assshat

#37 Made by a SIMPLETON / 都是些白痴搞出来的
CassiniDestroyer · 2026-07-28 14:15

Of course it's simple, just like the phat slob making it

当然简单,就像制作这个的肥猪一样简单

#38 It is simple enough for you to make, yes. § / 对你来说确实简单到能做出来的程度,是吧。§
absolutefutility · 2026-07-28 14:40
#39 "I wonder what I'll have for dinner tonight?" / “今晚我该吃什么呢?”
James386051 · 2026-07-28 14:36

Hopefully you will choke on a blk 14" dick.

希望你被一根十四英寸的黑色肉棒噎死。

← 上一篇返回列表下一篇 →

(如果你觉得这篇文章有启发,可以点击这里付费