## “这不就是作弊嘛”——读书会前一晚的真实忏悔现场📚
大声读出来,把加粗的短语记下来,下次自己没看书装样子的时候直接用。
Hey, did you read today?
诶,你今天看书了没?
yeah I read like... two pages, does that count
嗯我看了…两页吧,这也算看了吧?
Two pages? Come on, the meeting's tomorrow.
两页?拜托,明天就要开读书会了诶。
I know, I know, I've just been slammed all week.
我知道我知道,这周真的忙疯了。
Same, honestly I haven't even opened it.
我也是,说实话我书都没翻开过。
Wait, so— nobody? Like none of us actually read it?
等等,所以——大家都没看?一个都没看?
Guys, let's just— can we just admit nobody's ready for this?
各位,咱们就——能不能直接承认没人准备好啊?
I mean, I skimmed a summary online, does that even count?
我是说,我就是网上扫了眼简介,这也能算吗?
That's basically cheating.
这不就是作弊嘛。
Is it cheating if the summary was longer than the actual chapter?
如果简介比原章节还长,那还算作弊吗?
Okay, if we just wing it tomorrow, what's the worst that happens?
行吧,如果明天就临场发挥,最坏能咋样?
Worst case, we just end up talking about the cover art for twenty minutes and calling it a discussion.
最坏的情况,咱们就聊二十分钟封面设计,然后管这个叫读书讨论。
Wait, you actually finished it already?
等等,你居然已经看完了?
Yeah, finished it two nights ago, it's so good.
对啊,前天晚上就看完了,真的太好看了。
Don't you dare spoil the ending for me.
你敢剧透结局试试。
I won't, I won't— okay but can I just say one thing?
我不会剧透的——那我能不能就说一句?
Depends, is the one thing gonna ruin my whole week?
那得看,你这一句会不会毁了我一整周的心情。
No promises.
不敢保证。
Ellie, please, I've still got like four chapters left.
Ellie求你了,我还剩四章没看呢。
Can somebody just tell me what happens in chapter six?
谁能直接告诉我第六章发生了啥吗?
Absolutely not, that defeats the whole— no, the entire purpose of doing this together.
绝对不行,那就完全违背了——不对,是彻底违背了咱们一起读书的意义。
If I read super fast tonight, could I actually catch up, or...?
如果我今晚拼命看,能追上进度吗,还是……?
Doubt it, that chapter's forty pages long.
悬,那一章都四十页了。
Ugh, why do book clubs always pick the longest ones.
唉,读书会怎么老是选最长的书啊。
So did everyone actually finish it, or...?
所以大家到底看完了没,还是……?
I read enough to fake it.
我看得刚好够我装样子的。
Next time, let's just pick a shorter book.
下次咱们就选本短点的书吧。
Deal. Same time next month, yeah?
成交,下个月同一时间?