> “You're not behind.”——给还在犹豫要不要重新开始的你 🌱
先大声读一遍,再挑几句和高亮短语,直接拿去用。
I thought I missed my chance.
我还以为我已经错过机会了。
Do you still want this, or are you just scared to start over...?
你是真的还想要这个,还是只是害怕重新开始……?
You're not behind.
你没有落后。
Wait, no—I'm not saying quit; I'm saying maybe the dream changed, and that's not failure.
等等,不是——我不是让你放弃,我是说,也许梦想变了,但这不代表你失败了。
Yeah, but watching everyone move ahead is getting really hard to ignore.
是,可看着所有人都在往前走,真的越来越没法不在意了。
The application closes Friday.
申请截止到周五。
Could you read my essay before I send it, if you have time?
你有空的话,能不能在我发出去前帮我看看文章?
I keep typing “too late” into the search bar like the internet's gonna hand me a verdict, lol.
我老是在搜索框里打“是不是太晚了”,好像网上能直接给我判个结果似的,笑死。
Send it before you can talk yourself out of it.
趁你还没把自己劝退,赶紧发出去。
Honestly, the first draft is rough, but the story in it is good.
说真的,第一版写得挺粗糙,但里面那个故事是好的。
I got an interview.
他们给我面试了。
Wait, seriously? When did they actually call you?
等下,真的啊?他们什么时候打电话给你的?
Okay so—actually, forget the polished answer; tell them why you still want it, even if your voice shakes and the timeline feels ridiculous.
好,所以——算了,别背那些包装好的答案了;就告诉他们你为什么还想要,就算声音发抖,就算这时间线听起来很荒唐。
You know this work.
你了解这份工作。
If they say no, what would you try next, though...?
要是他们拒绝了,你接下来会想试什么……?
I was gonna say I don't care, but—no, that's a lie, I care a lot.
我本来想说我不在乎,但——不对,那是假的,我其实在乎得要命。
They said no.
他们拒绝了。
That hurts, but it doesn't erase the fact that you showed up.
这确实很难受,但也不能抹掉你至少真的站出来争取过。
I hate that this feels so final.
我讨厌这种一切都已经定局的感觉。
What if this was a detour, not the end of the road?
如果这只是绕了点路,而不是走到了尽头呢?
Low-key, you learned more from one rejection than most people learn from waiting.
说实话,一次被拒绝带给你的东西,可能比很多人一直等下去学到的还多。
Try again next month.
下个月再试一次。
I found a night class that starts in September, so I'm looking at the schedule.
我找到一个九月开课的夜校,现在正看课程表呢。
Would you come with me the first night? I might bail at the door.
第一晚你能陪我去吗?我可能到了门口就想跑。
me, at 2 a.m.: applying anyway because apparently fear doesn't get a vote 😂
凌晨两点的我:反正还是申请了,毕竟恐惧好像没资格投票。
See? You don't need a perfect plan tonight.
看吧,你今晚不需要一套完美计划。
Start with one thing.
先做一件事。
And if I change my mind later, fine—wait, no, that's the point: I can change direction without calling the whole thing a failure.
以后要是我改主意了,也没事——等等,不对,重点就是:我可以换方向,不用因此把整件事都定义成失败。